Junior Scholarship ( Cadet) Programme
The club conducts a scholarship programme aimed at encouraging younger players / students who have the right aptitude and are interested in playing Bowls to join the Club.
Value / cost savings to the player of the scholarship over a four (4) year period are approximately $2,000 excluding any coaching costs borne by the club.
Up to 10 scholarships may be awarded in any one year.
We currently have three members / former members of the programme playing in our top Saturday Pennants team, and other competitions. They also play on their school / university teams
- Free membership until the completion of Year 12 (Full membership less the right to vote at the AGM)
- Concessional membership rates continue for members undertaking full-time tertiary study.
- The Club will provide the following clothing & equipment, and the amount that will be reimbursed in relation to each item. Ancillary items such as socks, bowls clothes and chalk are at the member / cadets cost.
- A set of four bowls (new or as-new) for your exclusive use, measured to suit your hand. They remain yours to use as long as you are a junior /full time student member, but must be returned if you leave.
- Club “Camberwell Comets” (new) shirt – fitted to your size. (Replacements are at your cost)
- Pair of drawstring trousers or shorts (new) – fitted to your size. (Replacements are at your cost)
- Pair of bowls shoes (new) – fitted to your size. (Replacements are at your cost)
- Bowls hat
- Bowls carry bag
- A structured development plan and coaching plan tailored to suit the individual member.
- Participants may be invited to participate in Regional and State development squads
- Cadets are eligible to play in all club competitions including Championship events ( entry / green fees may apply)
- An opportunity to play inter-club as skills develop.
The Club is looking for a commitment from each scholarship holder that they will remain a member and make themselves available for selection to play in the summer Saturday Pennants sides fielded by for the Club for a period of at least three years from the commencement date. The season lasts for approx. 20 weeks from September to March. There is an annual fee of $200 if paid annually in advance or $18 / month if paid by direct debit over 12 months. Transport will be provided to and from away venues.
We recognise that schooling comes first and time out is approved for study before exams – particularly in Year 12.
Enquiry / Application
In the first instance enquiries should be to the Club – attention the Bowls Director
Once an application has been received we will arrange a meeting with the applicant and his /her parents at the club to discuss the programme, expectations etc. We will also arrange times for an on green training / assessment prior to confirming acceptance for the programme. On acceptance a written offer will be made confirming the appointment and the terms of the programme,