Camberwell Central Bowls Club. (this document may be printed direct from the website)
MAIN ROOM Our main club room is capable of comfortably seating 100 adults and has a separate bar area. Quality music equipment (with iPod, USB, etc.), smart TV, Wi-Fi, mobile PA – are all available at no extra charge. Two portable PA systems with hands free (digital) microphones. A moveable white board and projector screen is also available. The clubroom comfortably holds up to 15 tables with up to 8 chairs per table. Separate male and female toilet facilities allow for maximum capacity. 3 separate reverse cycle air conditioners as well as gas ducted heating are in place. Window blinds all have “block out” capacity for day time if required.
KITCHEN FACILITIES: Our quality kitchen has all the requirements for hosting functions. The fully equipped kitchen comes with a commercial dishwasher, pie warmer, microwave, crockery, a large stove with hot plates and cutlery for 100 people. A Birko instant hot water system is also installed.
BAR: We hold a restricted licence to serve beer and wine and a small range of other alcoholic drinks; also a good range of soft drinks and fruit juice. The licence does not allow BYO. Thus, all drinks must be purchased from our Bar. For special functions, we are prepared to purchase wines/champagne of choice and charge the cost per bottle plus $14.
GREENS: we have 2 quality grass greens that can be used all year and have night lighting. We also provide top quality bowls – all sizes, some coloured. Also special (and smaller) rubber bowls for juniors with requisite extras for youngsters to share the enjoyment. The greens are tift dwarf and are recognised as among the best in Melbourne. Club members are always on hand to guide and instruct as necessary.
BBQ: We have a quality gas BBQ available for hire.
Hire charges (10% GST is included in all rates):
- Use of clubrooms incurs a charge of $66 per hour. We charge in ½ hour segments and allow reasonable time without charge for set-up and clean-up.
- For bookings requiring exclusive use, a fee of $330 applies for up to 5 hours, plus $33 per half hour beyond 5 hours. This applies to both day-time and evening functions.
- If the clubrooms are only needed for use of toilets and access to the Bar, a facility fee of $66 applies for up to 5 hours. This would apply to a hiring that is focussed totally on bowling. If more extensive use of the clubrooms is needed (such as meals prepared and or eaten inside), the standard $66 per hour rate applies plus the bowling charges.
- For bookings that are totally focussed on bowling (outside), if the kitchen is required for longer than 1 hour, then the $66 per hour rate applies (the first hour is the facility fee). If guests decide to eat and/or sit inside, then the hourly rate also applies (note: we provide tables and seating under the verandah attached to the club house, adjacent to the Green).
- BBQ: a flat fee of $33 applies. We also provide the BBQ tools.
- Bowling: a charge of $15 per person who bowls, maximum duration of 5 hours. We provide the bowls and associated equipment plus club members who provide assistance as desired. If longer duration is sought, an additional fee of $66 per hour applies after 5 hours (no additional fee per bowler).
- Junior bowls: we have a supply of rubber biased bowls suitable for small/young bowlers from approx. 7 years upwards. Fee of $2 per bowler.
- A minimum hire fee of $220 applies unless there is an agreed concurrent booking. This amount could comprise facility fee, bowls fee, BBQ and drinks.
- Inclement weather: If the bowls is cancelled, and the function moves to the internal facilities, then the standard fees apply.
- Bookings cancelled within 10 days of the event – the $100 deposit is forfeited.
Other important conditions:
- We are prepared to hire for any age parties, celebrations, etc. If we assess there is a potential security risk (such as young adult birthdays), then appropriate security must be engaged at hirer’s cost. We can provide some possible options on request.
- We do not provide kitchen staff. Hirer either provides own people or engages caterers. Again, we can provide caterer contacts on request.
- We have a firm rule of “leave the premises as found”. By this we mean a hirer can move furniture around, etc. to achieve the layout and ambience sought, but is responsible to return the club rooms to normal presentation before departing. We ask that the facilities are left as found, clean and tidy. That is, rubbish removed to the bins provided, kitchen cleaned, floors swept (mopped if required) and chairs and tables returned to their original configuration. Any failure to do so incurs an additional fee of $100.
- Personal display material is allowed provided there is no risk of damage to our facility – eg: no cello tape fixed to walls (blue tack is acceptable).
- We are prepared to hire out tablecloths subject to a $20 per cloth dry cleaning fee.
- To protect the greens, flat-soled shoes must be worn. Thongs and bare feet are acceptable.
- Club volunteers must be included in catering numbers.
- We are located in a residential neighbourhood and require that the premises be vacated by the designated time – Monday to Thursdays is 11pm, Fridays & Saturdays is midnight and Sundays 9pm. We also ask that departing guests minimise noise.
Bar: Bar lines and prices:
Standard beers: Carlton Draught, Pure Blonde, Toohey’s Old, Victoria Bitter – $6.00 per stubby
Premium beers: Corona, Crown lager – $6.50 per stubby
Mid strength: Carlton mid – $6.00 per stubby
Light beer: Cascade Premium Light – $5.00 per stubby
Mixed: Jim Beam, Black Douglas, Canadian Club Dry – $8.00 per can
Vodka Cruisers (mixed range including sugar free) – $8.00 per bottle
Strong Bow Cider (traditional, crisp, low alcohol and pear) – $6.50 per bottle
Red wine – standard and premium Shiraz options -$7.00/$8.00 per glass
White wine (Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc & Pinot Grigio) – $7.00 per glass
Sparkling wine (champagne) – $6.50 per glass
Bundaberg soft drinks: $3.50 per bottle.
All other soft drinks: $3.00 per bottle or can.
Iced tea: $4.50 per bottle/can
Juice packs: $1.50 each
Bottled Water $2 per bottle.
We require supervision and control by the hiring group to be 100% assured that only those over 18 years would be drinking as this could put our licence at risk. All bar staff have completed the responsible serving of alcohol course.
Our licence allows the following hours of operation:
Monday to Thursday 10AM to 10PM, vacate premises by 11PM
Friday and Saturday 10AM to 11PM vacate premises by midnight
Sunday and public holidays 12PM to 8PM vacate premises by 9PM
Note: we do not sell wine by the bottle, only by glass. This is to aid responsible serving to individuals. All items sold are opened at the bar and must be consumed on premises. The bar closes immediately the licence time is reached, but purchases prior to that time can still be legally consumed up to vacate time.
Charity/Not for profit Groups wishing to use our facilities.
We are prepared to assess each individual application and assist with reduced prices where such action is reasonable.
- If this profile of the available facilities together with the costs and the restrictions appears to be in line with your requirements please contact the designated club person to determine if the date you require is available. Any minor variations to the standard offerings should be discussed and negotiated at this stage. An inspection is suggested to avoid any possible misunderstandings.
- Pay a deposit ($100) to secure your booking, either a cheque payable to Camberwell Central Bowls Club, cash or a direct deposit to Club A/C 134645258, BSB 633000 (Bendigo Bank). Please nominate “club hire dd/mm/yyyy” in the “to account” details. We have credit card facilities, but only for payment in person at the Bar (debit card, Visa, MasterCard).
- Complete the Memorandum of Agreement and return it to the contact person or the Club
SPECIAL CONDITIONS APPLYING FOR PARTIES OF YOUTHS PREDOMINANTLY 21 YEARS OF AGE AND YOUNGER
Management of the Function
- Responsibility for general management of the function with regards to the behaviour of guests remains exclusively with the hirer. Camberwell Central Bowls Club staff will be in attendance only to ensure the efficient operation of the facilities
- At least one parent/guardian is to attend the function from the commencement time to the end of the function and all guests have departed
- Parent/guardian is to name two (2) persons separate from invited guests to administer the entry of guests and also to assist our volunteers as ‘go to’ persons in case of emergency
- The hirer and/or their assistants must have a complete list of invited guests and phone numbers
- At the end of the evening all guests depart respectfully as they are departing a residential area.
- The hirer is required to leave the Club premises (clubroom and site) after the function in the same condition that it was before the event. Responsibility for this is exclusively with the hirer
Provision and Consumption of Drinks
- If alcohol is to be consumed on-site during the evening, then police are notified of the party
- The responsible consumption of alcohol is a required for all guests. The Club bar staff will act to ensure that all guests adhere to the conditions of the Club license. However, responsibility for taking action on irresponsible drinking behaviour by guests is the responsibility of the hirer and/or their assistants
- All drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) consumed during the function must be purchased through the bar. Absolutely no beverage is to brought onto the site, nor taken from the site
- Nobody under the drinking age for alcohol is permitted to drink alcohol and will not be served alcohol by bar staff
- Responsibility for any under-age drinker remains exclusively with the hirer; however, our bar staff will act to ensure that all guests adhere to the conditions of the Club license
- Where there is any doubt about the age of any guest, the bar staff will ask for proof of age and if not clearly provided no alcoholic drink will be sold to that person
- If our bar staff notice an alcoholic drink purchased by a guest for consumption by another under-age guest, the hirer and/ or their assistants will be notified to take remedial action.
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT
This memorandum is a record of the agreed terms and conditions whereby facilities of the Camberwell Central Bowls Club are made available to be used by:
……….……………………………………………………………………………………………………. referred to as “The Hirer”.
Hirer address: .…………………………………………….Phone………………………………Email:…………………………………
Camberwell Central Bowls club undertakes to:
- Grant the hirer use of the Club Facilities and/or the Bowling Facilities for the hours between __________ and ___________ on _____________________.
- Have the facilities open, cleaned and ready for the hirer’s use at the stated time above.
- Permit the hirer to re-arrange the placement of furniture within the building to suit the activity to be conducted
- Have an agreed number of club members present to act as hosts and assist the hirer make successful use of the facilities
- Be responsible for lock-up security of the building and grounds after the hirer has left.
The hirer undertakes to:
- Heed the advice given by the club for the safeguard and proper operation of any of the Club’s facilities. (eg: to wear only flat soled shoes or bare feet on the bowling green)
- Ensure that no member of the hiring group under the age of 18 years consumes alcohol on the Club premises.
- Ensure that the facilities are returned to the same state of cleanliness as was found upon entry (i.e. kitchen cleaned, floors swept and rubbish in the provide bins).
- The furniture is returned to its original configuration.
- Make good any damages to property caused by the Hirer. This may be done by new replacement or by paying the Club the value of the same.
- Accept awareness that the public liability insurance cover provided by the Club (in conjunction with City of Boroondara Council) is limited to instances of proven negligence by Club or Council.
- Ensure that the “No Smoking” policy inside the building and on the green is observed by all attending.
- Ensure that the residential nature of the neighbourhood is not disturbed as a result of the activity being conducted by the hirer (eg: adhering to nominated finish time).
The agreed Hire Fee
The Hire Fee for use of clubrooms: $ …………. (or Facility Fee $……….) plus use of BBQ $ ……… and bowling fee per person $……….
The sum of these items (less the deposit paid prior to the booking) shall be paid to the Club on the day of hire (cash, Visa or MasterCard, debit card or cheque).
Any dealings made at the Club bar shall be as arranged by the Hirer with the bar person and are paid in addition to this hire fee.
Signed: Authorised Agent of the Club Signed: Authorised Agent of the Hirer