The sport of Lawn Bowls has been played at our current site in Bowen Street Camberwell since 1924. There were once six Bowls Clubs in the suburb or Camberwell, but as times have changed all but one have disappeared. Camberwell Central Bowls Club is a an amalgamation of the of the City of Camberwell and South Camberwell Clubs in 1996 (See Club History)
Over the last few years there have been some dramatic changes in both the sport of Lawn Bowls and at Camberwell Central. The Club is possibly one of the best kept secrets in the suburb.
Our Club is about people and place – run by the members, for the benefit of the members
- a place where the people of Camberwell and their friends can meet , relax, maybe enjoy a game of bowls and perhaps a drink to unwind from the pressures of life,
- a place where all members of the family are welcome,
- a place where all members are treated equally and with respect, regardless, of age, profession or wealth,
- a place to meet new people and play a great sport at a time and in a manner that suits their lifestyle and their abilities,
- a place where bowlers who want to excel can compete, but also a club where social players can enjoy a quiet roll up with friends.
We’re a not for profit licenced sporting club. The land and premises are owned by the City of Boroondara. We’re responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the grounds and Club rooms, and ensuring that the Club is a reflection of and part of our community.