Category : Uncategorized
Barefoot Bowls – November 17 2016 – December 15 2016
Last season we ran Social Bowls on Friday evening with a very good turn out . The evenings were financially successful, however strained our resources to the limit. As a consequence we have had to change the format and day of week for the Barefoot Bowls.
Last year we also lost our two mid week night time competitions – the interclub games with Ashburton, and the Wednesday Night Inner City Pennants.
To replace these 3 events the proposal is a competitive (but relaxed social) match format on Thursday evenings during summer.
The key words are Simple / relaxed / shared workload / fun for all
- Thursday Evenings –
- Sausage sizzle – (exactly that – sausages, onions on bread – no salads, no deserts, no plates etc.,) commencing at 6:30pm
- Competitive Bowls commencing 7pm and finishing 9pm at the latest.
- Format of the competition will vary with the numbers available for example 2 bowl triples / singles / pairs – with power play ends etc.
- Your don’t have to commit to playing every week – if you’re at the club by 6:30pm you’re in the draw
- Bar will be open during the evening (subject to demand)
- Cost will be $5 green fees plus a $2 contribution for the sausage sizzle
- We will examine the possibility of weekly prizes.
- Children are welcome – however if they are too young to play parents are responsible for their conduct and supervision
After the Xmas break we will extend the season through to April and promote the Competition to our sponsors, businesses within Camberwell, other sporting clubs.